Friday, March 13, 2009

the review..

so..Vegas. I can't believe that was just a week ago. I feel like I just barely left! Here's a sort of breakdown of our couple of days there...



first, is the obligatory stop at Jack in the Box--I like to refer to it as "jack in the crack". dont know why, besides the fact that its fun to rhyme. :D
And really, its not in Vegas, its in St. George, but it typically means we're close. I had to snap a photo of my cup to rub into Art.. he LOVES jack in the crack, and we've often joked about driving to St. George (its about a 4 hr drive from SLC) JUST to have jack in the box lol.


this was from the second night we were there..we were standing on one of those elevated walkways...this one was in between the Wynn and the Fashion Show mall. I'm kinda surprised that it even came out well considering the huge glass windows that I was trying to take it through :) The Wynn was gorgeous--by far had one of the nicest, cleanest bathrooms I peed in while there LOL. We also stopped in a Manolo Blahnik store..yeah. I've never been in one before, I mean, I've never even seen a pair IRL before. I'm not even sure if there is a place in SLC that even sells them lol. Anyway, we went in, just had to. Couldnt resist, especially after seeing the shoes that Carrie had left in her closet in the SATC movie. So we browsed around..and then left feeling completely underdressed/inadequate to even be in there hahahahaaa. Oh, and I tried on a couple of pairs for the first time too. Not there though..we were at the Neiman Marcus outlet, felt a little more in place there :)

I took this one for the girls. Last summer when we drove through Vegas, Maya was all excited when she saw the castle, so I thought I'd take one at night when it was all lit up. Again, through the glass window of a walkway. Not bad from my phone! We didnt go in the Excalibur though..we were just passing through. I'm always in awe of all the lights there. Kinda makes me sad when we come home to SLC, I'm like on a neon light high, and then BAM! normal city. :(


And here was one of the reasons we even went to Vegas..yes, to shop! C and I dont really gamble..our forte is makeup..and then purses and shoes. In that order :)
So Saturday we headed down to this really cool outdoor mall (not pictured) that had a Sephora. Huge deal, because we dont have one of those in SLC..so we of course went there first. I love all the makeup. I could literally spend HOURS just looking at it and trying it on. So then we headed off to MAC, which really, in hindsight, we didnt need to go to, since I can buy it at Nordstroms, but I really like being able to go into an all MAC store. So after we had all the makeup we came for, we headed down to Primm, I think, which is on the stateline of Nevada/Cali. I dont know why I prefer these particular outlets, but I do. Michael Kors, Juicy, Neiman Marcus and Guess are where we hit..and I really wish I had tons more money to spend!!

Me and C on Saturday night. We standing in front of Treasure Island..now called 'TI' I guess. I was all excited to see the show since they re-did it..We stopped last summer, but it was still under construction. Anyways..long story short, this show is not kid friendly anymore. It was a little disappointing--I mean, most people bring their kids to see the pirates and the huge ships..and yeah. Nothing but girls in their booty shorts and bras. The pirates though, not bad :)
I didnt really get many pictures of Me and C, she wasnt really happy about the camera anyway lol. Most of our shots look like that one ^^


::SIgh::: I love this sight. I love this particular spot in Vegas. The Eiffel Tower and the Bellagio fountains across the street..its just so beautiful, day or night. love love love.
So, that was it! Glad to be home..the traffic and all the walking had definitely taken its toll on me by Sunday. I was sooo grumpy when we left! I guess 2 days is plenty of time for me to see everything there!
Well, I'm off to work..happy friday.
xoxo

No comments: